Anybody can start building simple apps for the Android platform, and this book will show you how! Android Apps for Absolute Beginners takes you through the process of getting your first Android applications up and running using plain English and practical examples. It cuts through the fog of jargon and mystery that surrounds Android application development, and gives you simple, step-by-step instructions to get you started.
- Teaches Android application development in language anyone can understand, giving you the best possible start in Android development
- Provides simple, step-by-step examples that make learning easy, allowing you to pick up the concepts without fuss
- Offers clear code descriptions and layout so that you can get your apps running as soon as possible
What you’ll learn
- Get yourself and your computer set up for Android apps development
- Use the Eclipse programming environment to make your Android development efficient and straightforward
- Follow steps in plain English to build simple apps and get them working immediately
- Style your application so that it appeals to potential users
- Make use of the Android’s touch screen
- Use shortcuts and cheat sheets to create apps the easy way
- Use the basics of Java and XML to move onto more advanced apps
Who this book is for
If you have a great idea for an Android app, but have never programmed before, then this book is for you. You don’t need to have any previous computer programming skills—as long as you have a desire to learn, and you know which end of the mouse is which, the world of Android apps development awaits!
Table of Contents
Preliminary Information: Before We Get Started
What’s Next? Our Road Ahead
Setting Up an Open Source Android Development Environment
An Introduction to Java, XML and How Android Works
An Overview of the Android Application Framework
Screen Layout Design: Views, ViewGroups and Layout Types
User Interface Design: Buttons, Menus, Dialogs and Alerts
Designing Graphics for Android: 2D Images & Animation
Adding Interactivity: Handling UI Events
Understanding Content Providers
Understanding Intents and Intent Filters
The Future: 3D, Widgets, Bluetooth, Maps, Search, and More
You can download this book from any of the following links. If any link is dead please feel free to leave a comment.
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.