You've probably seen LED-decorated t-shirts and hats, and maybe even other electronic gadgets embedded in clothing, but with Arduino Wearables you can learn to make your own wearable electronic creations.
This book is an introduction to wearable computing, prototyping, and smart materials using the Arduino platform. Every chapter takes you all the way from idea to finished project. Even if you have no experience with Arduino, this book will get you set up with all the materials, software, and hardware you need; you'll complete simple projects first, and then build on your growing expertise to make more complex projects.
By the end of the book, you'll have learned:
- Electronics basics
- How to prototype successfully
- Arduino programming
- How to design and build your own wearable Arduino creations
Along the way you'll create fun and inspiring wearables, such as:
- An LED bracelet: learn the basics of wearable electronics
- A synthesizer tie: accept user input and create output in response
- A solar-powered glow in the dark bag: create self-sufficient wearables
- A shape memory flower: store state and manipulate your wearables
- An EL wire dress: add designer touches to your wearables
- A beatbox hoodie: use a voice-activated sequencer and skin resistance to create the coolest of urban wearables
Arduino Wearables is the complete guide to getting started with Arduino and wearable computing. The 10 inspiring projects to make, learn from, and build upon will equip you for creating your own projects; the only limit is your imagination.
What you’ll learn
- The essence of wearable computing
- The basics of electronics
- The relationship between basic electronics and smart materials
- Programming for the Arduino/LilyPad
- Circuit building and construction in a wearable context
- Advanced methods for wearable prototyping
Who this book is for
Electronics hobbyists, Arduino enthusiasts, and fabric artists who want to add something extra to their designs. Even if you've never worked with Arduino before, this book is still for you.
Table of Contents
4. Smart materials
5. LED bracelet
6. Solar powered glow in the dark bag
7. Synthesizer tie
8. Zipper bag alarm
9. Beat box hoodie
10. Sunshine umbrella
11. Beat dress
12. Shape memory flower
13. EL wire dress
14. Making hardware tiny
You can download this book from any of the following links. If any link is dead please feel free to leave a comment.
LINK 1 (Book)
LINK 2 (Book)
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.