Beginning Android Application Development
The Android OS is a popular and flexible platform for many of today's most in-demand mobile devices. This full-color guide offers you a hands-on introduction to creating Android applications for the latest mobile devices. Veteran author Wei Meng Lee accompanies each lesson with real-world examples to drive home the content he covers. Beginning with an overview of core Android features and tools, he moves at a steady pace while teaching everything you need to know to successfully develop your own Android applications.
- Explains what an activity is and reviews its lifecycle
- Zeroes in on customizing activities by applying styles and themes
- Looks at the components of a screen, including LinearLayout, AbsoluteLayout, and RelativeLayout, among others
- Details ways to adapt to different screen sizes and adjust display orientation
- Reviews the variety of views such as TextView, ProgressBar, TimePicker, and more
- Beginning Android Application Development pares down the most essential steps you need to know so you can start creating Android applications today.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1: GETTING STARTED WITH ANDROID PROGRAMMING
CHAPTER 2: ACTIVITIES AND INTENTS
CHAPTER 3: GETTING TO KNOW THE ANDROID USER INTERFACE
CHAPTER 4: DESIGNING YOUR USER INTERFACE USING VIEWS
CHAPTER 5: DISPLAYING PICTURES AND MENUS WITH VIEWS
CHAPTER 6: DATA PERSISTENCE
CHAPTER 7: CONTENT PROVIDERS
CHAPTER 8: MESSAGING AND NETWORKING
CHAPTER 9: LOCATION-BASED SERVICES
CHAPTER 10: DEVELOPING ANDROID SERVICES
CHAPTER 11: PUBLISHING ANDROID APPLICATIONS
You can download this book from any of the following links. If any link is dead please feel free to leave a comment.
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.