A full-color, fast-paced introduction to developing tablet applications using Android.
The new release of Android 3 brings the full power of Android to tablet computing and this hands-on guide offers an introduction to developing tablet applications using this new Android release. Veteran author Wei-Meng Lee explains how Android 3 is specifically optimized for tablet computing and he details Android's tablet-specific functions. Beginning with the basics, this book moves at a steady pace to provide everything you need to know to begin successfully developing your own Android tablet applications.
- Serves as a full-color, hands-on introduction to developing tablet applications with the new Android 3
- Offers a helpful overview of Android 3 programming for tablets
- Details the components of Android tablet applications
- Highlights ways to build the Android user interface for tablets, create location-based services, publish Android applications, use Eclipse for Android development, and employ the Android emulator
- Beginning Android Tablet Application Development is an ideal starting point for getting started with using Android 3 to develop tablet applications.
Table of Contents
PART I: QUICK TOUR OF ANDROID 3 FOR TABLETS.
CHAPTER 1: GETTING STARTED WITH ANDROID PROGRAMMING FOR TABLETS
CHAPTER 2: COMPONENTS OF AN ANDROID TABLET APPLICATION
CHAPTER 3: ANDROID USER INTERFACE
PART II: PROJECTS.
CHAPTER 4: CREATING LOCATION-BASED SERVICES APPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 5: SMS MESSAGING AND NETWORKING
CHAPTER 6: PUBLISHING ANDROID APPLICATIONS
PART III: APPENDICES.
APPENDIX A: USING ECLIPSE FOR ANDROID DEVELOPMENT
APPENDIX B: USING THE ANDROID EMULATOR
APPENDIX C: ANSWERS TO EXERCISES
You can download this book from any of the following links. If any link is dead please feel free to leave a comment.
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.