Android Application Development: Programming with the Google SDK
This practical book provides the concepts and code you need to develop software with Android, the open-source platform for cell phones and mobile devices that's generating enthusiasm across the industry. Based on the Linux operating system and developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance, Android has the potential to unite a fragmented mobile market. Android Application Development introduces this programming environment, and offers you a complete working example that demonstrates Android architectural features and APIs.
Table of Contents
Part I. Development Kit Walk-Through
1. Getting to Know Android
2. Setting Up Your Android Development Environment
3. Using the Android Development Environment for Real Applications
4. Under the Covers: Startup Code and Resources in the MJAndroid Application
5. Debugging Android Applications
6. The ApiDemos Application
7. Signing and Publishing Your Application
Part II. Programming Topics
8. Persistent Data Storage: SQLite Databases and Content Providers
9. Location and Mapping
10. Building a View
11. A Widget Bestiary
12. Drawing 2D and 3D Graphics
13. Inter-Process Communication
14. Simple Phone Calls
15. Telephony State Information and Android Telephony Classes
You can download this book from any of the following links. If any link is dead please feel free to leave a comment.
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.