GameMaker: Studio is a popular game engine used to publish games to a variety of platforms. Although GameMaker: Studio's drag-and-drop functionality makes creating games simple and fast, utilizing scripts can really help organize and speed up GameMaker's workflow exponentially.
This hands-on guide will help you build a strong foundation in programming in GameMaker Language by taking you through several example games. Knowledge gained by the end of the book can be applied so you can build your own line of exciting games.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started – An Introduction to GML
2. Random Organization – Creating a Puzzle Game
3. So How Do I Play? – Adding Player Interaction
4. Juicy Feedback – Aural and Visual Effects
5. Solving the Puzzle – Finishing Touches to the Puzzle Game
6. Finite State Machines – Starting the 2D Platformer
7. It's in the Name – Platforms and Collisions
8. Setting the Stage – Views, Backgrounds, and Tiles
9. Breaking Vlad – Pickups, Hazards, and Enemies
10. GOAL – Timelines and Feedback Review
You can download this book from any of the following links. If any link is dead please feel free to leave a comment.
keywords: Download free book, Download free PDF, free e-book
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.